Are you in the market for a new set of irons but struggling to decide which shafts to choose? The debate between Dynamic Gold AMT (Ascending Mass Technology) and KBS Tour shafts has been ongoing, and for good reason. Both shafts are top contenders in the industry, and each offers its own unique qualities. In this review, we’ll take a close look at each of these shafts, compare them, and see which one is right for you.
What is Dynamic Gold AMT?
Dynamic Gold AMT is a shaft technology developed by True Temper, which is the leading manufacturer of golf shafts worldwide. It is the first shaft to be designed with variable tip stiffness, which means that each club in the set has a different stiffness profile to optimize performance. This innovative technology allows players to achieve their desired ball flight, control, and distance with each club.
What is KBS Tour?
KBS Tour is a shaft technology developed by Kim Braly in 2008. KBS stands for Kim Braly Signature, and the Tour is a reference to the shaft’s widespread use on professional tours. The KBS Tour shaft is designed to provide increased feel, consistency, and distance control. Its unique design provides superior energy transfer, which results in better contact, higher launch, and less spin.
Dynamic Gold AMT Vs KBS Tour: Key Differences
- Weight: Dynamic Gold AMT shafts are heavier than KBS Tour shafts. The AMT shafts feature ascending weight technology, where the weight of the shaft increases from the long to the short irons. KBS Tour shafts have a constant weight throughout the set.
- Bend Point: Dynamic Gold AMT shafts have a mid-bend point, while KBS Tour shafts have a mid/low-bend point.
- Launch and Spin: KBS Tour shafts provide a higher launch and lower spin, while Dynamic Gold AMT shafts provide a lower launch and higher spin.
- Feel: KBS Tour shafts have a smoother feel, while Dynamic Gold AMT shafts have a firmer feel.
Which Shaft is Right for You?
The choice between Dynamic Gold AMT and KBS Tour shafts ultimately comes down to personal preference and playing style. Here are some factors to consider when making your decision:
- Swing Speed and Tempo: If you have a fast swing speed and a quick tempo, you may benefit from the heavier Dynamic Gold AMT shafts. If you have a slower swing speed and a smoother tempo, you may prefer the lighter KBS Tour shafts.
- Ball Flight: If you want a higher launch and less spin, KBS Tour shafts may be the way to go. If you’re looking for a lower launch and more spin, Dynamic Gold AMT shafts may be more suitable.
- Feel: Do you prefer a softer, smoother feel or a firmer, more responsive feel? Both shafts have different feel profiles, and it’s essential to test them out to see which one suits you best.
In conclusion, both Dynamic Gold AMT and KBS Tour shafts are excellent options for golfers. Each shaft technology offers unique benefits, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer to which one is best. So, when deciding which shaft to choose, it’s important to consider your playing style and personal preferences. By doing so, you’ll be able to select the shaft that will help you perform your best on the course.